View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 08:46 AM
NoraB

Default Do you sew with friends?

Do any of you sew/piece with friends at their homes? I love to sew in my "playhouse" and have everything set up to spend hours and hours of time in there. I think I was in there 5 hours yesterday (even got take-out pizza and ate in there)!!!

My friend wants to get together to sew (maybe once/month or twice/month) and rotate houses. I am wondering if any of you do this and if you have any suggestions or thoughts to consider. I have only sewn with others at a class I took once......I ended up not really getting any of my part done because I was helping my other friends and I kind of just "gave up" doing mine because I knew I wasn't able to focus.

I really enjoy the whole process....and I try to do my best all the time...so if I make a mistake, I take out, etc. But, I also need to concentrate.........so, do I take something that doesn't require alot of thought (like string quilting, etc.)?

I believe the purpose is to help her start working on projects and getting stuff done....in addition to some "friend time".

Please let me know if you've done this, how you do it (one presses, one sews, etc.) and any other suggestions you'd offer to help me make this a successful outing for me and my friend.

Thanks! Nora