View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 09:15 AM
nanna-up-north

I do quilt with friends but it depends on who I'm quilting with whether I get much done or not. It sounds like you are a little like me. It's a compliment that people think you know what you are doing, do it very well, and love to share your skills with them. But, sometimes you just want to spend time alone, especially when the quilt you're working on requires a lot of concentration. When I quilt with one friend, I just know that I'm going to spend a lot of time helping her, showing her things, and having little time for my own work. She needs that to keep her working on a project and I hate to see anyone set something down out of frustration. Then there's another friend that just loves to get together and sew while we 'catch up' on each other's lives. I can take things I'm working on and we can share and work just fine.

So, my suggestion is to stop and decide what kind of friend you have. Are you needed to teach and encourage? Or will you be able to visit and sew at the same time? Then, decide if you are willing to set aside time for that sewing session. Keep your eyes open. Your knowledge about this person will help you decide what you want/need to do.

And, good luck. I'd say if nothing else, you've received a huge compliment. Welcome those. We can never get enough.