Old 09-18-2015, 09:26 AM
DonnaC

Nancy, glad you came back to listen to the rest of us yammering that we are just like you!

You are most definitely not crazy. I'm a year older than you, and I decided recently that if all I ever make are four-patch quilts with straight-line quilting, it's perfectly okay. I love looking at everyone else's gorgeous work too, but I can't put myself under stress for my "fun hobby"!

I'm trying to take the same outlook on life in general. For instance, I'm trying to lose weight, but I ate a few M&M's today and I refuse to beat myself up about it. I spend money on my sewing stuff that I probably shouldn't, but it makes me happy, and I do keep it reasonable so I think that's okay. I spent many years tending to both my parents until they were both sadly taken by cancer, and that experience gives me the incentive to WANT to enjoy myself now while I can. And if that means I just bought another handbag kit (true!) even though I've already made many handbags, oh well! I answer to nobody but me!

And just one aside to Sewnoma... your story about that little car made me tear up, truly. It's lovely that you have those memories of your dad.