View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 09:08 AM
Cari-in-Oly
Banned

Originally Posted by SoStitchinHappy View Post
So glad I found this thread! I just bought a Babylock Destiny and only have a couple spools of embroidery thread. I want to get more so I can play with the embroidery feature. In my package deal for the machine I am getting a subscription to Anita Goodesign which means a lot of thread! Can anyone recommend a good but not so $$$? I have a feeling this is going to be a large investment... sigh.
Yes machine embroidery is an expensive hobby. I use Madeira thread simply because it was the least expensive thread that my dealer sells when I bought my first machine. I bought 30 small spools to get me started. Then I started looking on line for less expensive options. I found allstitch.net sells Madeira thread on 3 times larger spools(mini cones) for half the price so I started buying a few or 10 spools every couple of months along with almost all of my other embroidery supplies. You can find many thread sets on Ebay or Amazon for good deals, but you need to be sure your machine won't be fussy about the brand of thread before you make a huge investment.

Cari