View Single Post
Old 09-21-2015, 12:17 PM
Sewnoma

Default I love thrift stores!

DH & I stopped in at a thrift shop on our lunch break and I found a new machine!

I think this is the 6th machine I've found at this particular thrift shop (that I took home with me).

This time I got a really cute turquoise White for $25! It's in a pretty beat up case but the machine itself looks well-used and well-maintained. It doesn't come with any cams or accessories and the needle clamp is missing (of all things) but I'm hoping it's a fairly generic size; I'll test-fit some clamps from the herd when I get it home and see about ordering a new one. It needs new consumables like belt and bobbin tire but the paint is in great shape and everything moves very nicely. I didn't even test the motor but I'm pretty confident it'll be fine - I've yet to find a bad motor. Bad wiring, yes, bad motor...not so far! (knock on wood...)

It's a White model 1563. Anybody know if this was made by Maruzen, by chance? Some of the fittings on the machine look a lot like what's on a Kenmore I have that was made by Maruzen.

Now I can't wait to go home and play with my new two-ton toy! I'll be sure to post some pictures too. She's almost a dashboard machine, but not quite. (Not to my eyes, anyway.) I really like the knobs and dials on it though.