View Single Post
Old 09-23-2015, 12:15 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

I have the strip dies for my Go! but actually prefer to cut strips with my June Tailor Shape Cut mat and a Quilter's Slidelock ruler on top to keep it from moving. Here is a link to the Quilter's Slidelock: http://quiltersslidelock.com/ . (I also have some Grip Strips on the underside of my Shape Cut mat which I think help to keep the mat from slipping, although it wasn't until I added the Slidelock that I got complete stability.)

When cutting strips with the Go!, I find that I have to stop once or twice while rolling the die through -- to lift up the mat and straighten the fabric. If I don't do that, I get ripples "ironed" into the strips and/or little jagged cuts here and there in the strips. This is caused by the fabric stretching as it is rolled through the machine. I get this even with fabric that is rolled through on the lengthwise grain (which has less stretch than the crosswise grain). Maybe it's user error. I just prefer the Shape Cut for strips. I do *love* the Go! for cutting applique shapes out of freezer paper, for cutting triangles (makes them very easy to match up), for odd shapes such as hexagons, and for complete blocks such as Hunter's Star.