Old 09-23-2015, 04:34 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Have a great time at the Beach, Jeanie...sounds so relaxing...

I have my frozen canning meat out to thaw so that I can get it done tomorrow...running low on ground beef and the locker--aka local meat processor can't get our next beef in until Jan...yikes...fall and deer hunting season fills up the schedule for them...we are on standby if they have a cancellation.

I'm trying to get some odds and ends cleared up...like canning meat.. I have a week and a half before I start my new job...what? A couple of weeks ago the LQS was wondering if I was interested in working full time for her...whoa I thought she was joking as we do tend to kid each other. And I have said "yes"...Shop opens at 10:00 and closes at 5:00 except on Saturday when closing is 3:00...I can't complain about those hours as I will have a little time in the morning to get a few things done and don't have to be on the road before snow plows are out in the winter...A new adventure for sure. I have been weaning myself off my once in a while afternoon naps, then trying to get to bed before midnight...that's been the tough one, but it's getting better..

Missed the Guild SitnSew today..a good thing as heifers got out into neighbor's corn (just 4 of them), but took N&N almost 2 hours to get them back home. MrOK and I spent quality time in the barn together instead. Such the life I lead.

MrOK and I are college dropouts...left to start farming and then raise a family. I was a SAHM or so I thought until my nephew hanged the "farmer" tag on me as I have always been out helping feeding calves and milking and gradually learned how to drive tractor and do field work. This life allowed me to fit in time to volunteer at school, church and youth activities; garden, and sew. A neat house is not a priority..I say it's clean enough to be healthy and happy. My daughter could not stand to be a SAHM, but she's a great mother to their 2 tweenagers. One DIL follows my way of life, one is a SAHM, and the other a working mom...all do what works best for themselves and their families.

Later folks...