Old 09-24-2015, 11:13 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

The last canned is done...7 quarts, 14 pints of beef plus 7 quarts and 5 pints of broth. With the price of stew meat at $3 per # I figure over $80 of meat. No idea what a can of broth costs.....well worth my day...of course there are growing costs involved.

I'm letting Time to Commit simmer for a while. QBUDDY thinks I should portion sections off with white sashing...but then this is not her type of quilt either...think she was shaking her head at me...

While waiting for canner to do its thing I pulled out my little houses..Have about 140 sewn..paired up houses and roofs on about 10 more and cut out another 10+. I have a plan for 200 of them. For the newbies..they are 3" finished...not paper pieced. Using up 1" scraps for the base and digging in 1 1/4" plaids as well as other pieces for the roofs. I'm using blue...darks and lights..for the sky..I've used up most of my 1 1/4" blue strips so have had to cut into bigger scraps for the sky..almost a sacrilege for me..if you are interested this is where I got the idea..I started the quilt along, but got behind when spring came to the farm..

http://buildinghousesfromscraps.blogspot.com/

Time to rest..