Old 09-25-2015, 06:09 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rosyhf View Post
What i wouldn't give to dine at your table just one time NS lol.

Ok, I went to that link and she uses stamps to make the houses? I do love the idea very much. It seems that all the houses are the same except the fabric use to make them look different. I am going to look in one of my software programs to see what's in there. It is a great way to use scraps. I will definitely look in to this lol...I will paper piece tho.....
This started out as a sew along...one house a day or 366 blocks...2012 was a leap year.

I have the block done in EQ, Rosy...P.M. me your email address and I will send the PDF.

Yes she uses a stamp. Originally she used templates or PPing...then had the stamps made and thinks she now sells the stamps. I make a 3" block, but as you know I can make the PPing block whatever size you want. The more I sew little bits, the more I don't my mind my little imperfections. I try to sew them correctly, but if not exact I often just let it go. I know it would drive some people, but on this small of a scale it's not that important to me. That being said, there are times I am very picky and will aim for exact piecing. For my pieces I go through my "precuts" which are often trimmings from my quilt friends or projects of my own. I have developed the habit of cutting scraps into usable pieces as I go. So the houses are very serendipitous and not planned.

Wow you are making progress, QNS... Tonight I cleaned out my pattern drawer...threw away patterns that no longer fit and the ones I made for DD when she was in high school and college...LOL as she graduated from HS 25 years ago...yes time to pitch...keeping some of the tissue to use in a crafty way.

Trying to get some of this done before starting full-time.