View Single Post
Old 09-26-2015, 09:39 AM
zozee

Progress report #1. Started at 9:30 am today and took "before" pictures of the hot mess called my sewing room.

First goal was to clear off the cutting table. Or rather, go on an archaeological excursion to unearth where I Thought I might find it.

By 10:30 I saw most of the surface. I was systematically dealing with the scraps, sorting them by color into newly labeled, clear plastic shoeboxes. My old system of sorting by strip size wasn't working like I envisioned a year ago.

By 11:00 I had pinned strip sets together for my next 9 patch. All of this took place at my cutting table, on my feet

MY DH made a big country breakfast and did the dishes and no one interrupted me. Bliss.....and then he took our teen son out for shoes....more quiet time to organize....more bliss .

By 1:00 I had finished clearing, sorting, rearranging stuff on the table for more efficiency (translation: a lot of fussing and OCD emerging) and emptied the very full trash can. I snapped some ""after" shots which, I hope, upload easily later.

I then took a lunch break. Restaurant leftoers, no cooking required. More bliss still!

I need a nap.

Last edited by zozee; 09-26-2015 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Typos