View Single Post
Old 09-27-2015, 10:59 AM
Snooze2978

Default Elizibith's Jewel Box

Just finished putting the binding on this one Its for a little girl born 7 29 15 and she is a jewel. Used leftover scraps from a set of matching quilts for twins born earlier this year (still need quilting). Didn't realize until I went looking for more of the backing fabric that it was a specialty fabric for Autism. Think I picked it up at the Des Moines Quilt Show last year or the year before. Seemed to work with the colors on the top and then uses some multi-color striped fabric for the binding. Have only a little bit left of this fabric too. It was my go-to for kids quilts.

Someone suggested using a grey, yellow or pale green on a multi-colored quilt top. Used yellow this time. Last quilt I tried the grey. Guess next multi-colored top will get the pale green. Almost used green on this one but decided on the yellow at the last minute.

I use robotics in my quilting so its the machine that does all the work and not me. I just put it altogether using ProQ Designer program.
Attached Thumbnails airion-elizibith-jewel-box.jpg   closeup-quilting.jpg   backing-label.jpg