Old 01-17-2010, 05:06 PM
rkymtnquilter

I know a lot of dogs have a distinct odor. But if you bathe them occasionally it helps! And my kids used to put some of my husband's cologne on the dogs! That keeps them smelling nice for a long time.

When we got the dog last week, she did have a smell to her, but not anymore! Also, what you feed them can majorly affect their body smells - yes, with the gas problem :)....but also in their coat/fur smells.

If your husband is looking for a running partner, weims have always been great!! My husband has taken ours out the past two mornings and after 3.5 miles, he's ready to quit, but not the dog!! And she will fetch a ball for hours if you'll let her!!

Anyway, I love weimeraners. One question about this breed, and it may be an odd question. Do they have a strong doggie smell to them? I've found certain breeds leave your hands stinky and anything they sit or lay on with an odor. Doxies don't have this odor. Whatever breed, or mutt we end up with will have to pass my smell test. I've got a very sensitive nose![/quote]