Old 09-28-2015, 02:00 PM
boykinsmommy

Ok, what I'm looking for.

I am a quilter first and foremost whodabbles in hemming pants, machine applique, and other things sewingso I need a machine that does the fancy stitches.

I also want to be able to FMQ well andwith less hassle by having a “long arm” (probably more like a midarm) that is actually affordable. While Tin Lizzies, Sweet 16's andso forth are wonderful, I cannot even begin to consider one of those. The Juki is what Leah Day uses (was happy to see that) and I noticedthat Grace Company has those on their frames. Again I have neverused one and I'm sure that the other bigger ones are much better butthis is a price range that is do-able for me and it appears they havea good reputation. I also like that the 2010 can just straightstitch too so it would be a piecing back-up.

So, I've used a Janome 8900, (I agreePrism99 that their prices at the place I purchased it at is too high,I think it was their way of making back what they said they wouldgive me for mine. Which is so stinky because they will undoubtedlyturn around and sell it to some poor unsuspecting customer who willjust inherit my headaches...I just don't like that idea). It's beena few years since but it was an amazing machine.

However, maybe a 7700 would be just asgood, cheaper AND if I can get a good deal on it, perhaps I can getthat and the 2010. Too many decisions.....if these shops were closerit would sure make it easier.