Old 09-29-2015, 09:50 AM
kristakz

Originally Posted by LindaMRB View Post
Interesting point - I like the philosophy.
In this case one square was off a row from left to right by a 2.5 inches.
I might not have noticed it at all but the contrast of colors was so great that it popped right out at me.
And the quilter is not likely to ask me since we do not know each other from a hole in the wall.
No criticism of the points or anything like that, I'm not perfect myself and revised a pattern recently to avoid trying to match my points. It just wasn't happening.

I think I'll let it go. Maybe as she (he) quilts it she'll discover it before she finishes...

Thanks for your input!
Oh, PLEASE tell her. I posted a quilt here a couple of years ago. I worked on it for ages, looked at the photos many times, and never saw an issue. Then the first response to my post was a private PM saying a block in location X looked to be the wrong colour. Sure enough, they were exactly right. I kicked myself, fixed the block, and am very grateful for that eagle-eyed reader.

Now if the quilt was already quilted, i would definitely NOT want to know. If I haven't noticed it, let me keep my rose coloured glasses, since it is essentially unfixable at that point. And if I already know, I'm dearly hoping that no one else will notice, and would prefer to be able to pretend that's the case