Old 09-29-2015, 12:14 PM
CookyIN

Originally Posted by Clmay View Post
I have never joined one of the Santee's until this year. I have a few questions like what kind of things do you collect through the year to put in the gift boxes? I am really excited, but also afraid that I will disappoint the person I am giving to. I am so nervous. Help!!
Clmay, when I can score a good deal on notions or patterns, I'll pick them up to tuck in exchange packages. I also do a little yard and rummage sale-ing and come across like-new things for next to nothing. It all goes into my collection basket for SS. When I find out what my Santee likes, I buy my fat quarters in her favorite colors. The $20 gift is outside of the FQs, so if she's asked for something special, I'll try to find it, then fill in with goodies from my basket. I do try to stick to the $20 limit, since that's the rule -- but I can make $20 go a long way. I'll also tuck in some candy, coffee, tea or what have you along with something I make just for my Santee. It's so much fun to put a nice package together and see how full you can stuff it!