View Single Post
Old 09-29-2015, 08:48 PM
Bree123

Originally Posted by My time View Post
I both love and dislike the idea. To spend over $12 a meter for fabric and then the expensive pens seems like a lot of money. On the plus side, I've always loved colouring books!
I agree. They had this stuff when I was little in the form of aprons & tote bags and the like. I loved it as a little girl, but at least back then it didn't give the best results.

For a cheaper option, I've found buying PFD fabric ($10/yard) and the InkTense blocks is a much more affordable option & gives a nicer result. On top of that, they sell that Outliner pencil for $1.64 that works like a wax crayon to prevent coloring outside the lines. Yes, the blocks are $8 for 12 and then you have the cost of 3-4 brushes on top of that, but then you can create as many designs as a Sharpie & your imagination allows. I can draw my own designs or print out coloring pages from the web & trace them onto the fabric. I'm working on a fishing game right now where I have different colored fish with magnets in their mouth (sewn shut) and a little magnet fishing pole that will be my Christmas present to my nephew. For $32 at http://www.dickblick.com, I was able to get everything I needed (minus the Sharpies & aloe gel -- which I already had) to get started on my PFD fabric. Just waiting to receive my supplies and then there'll be no stopping me! I think Derwent is a British company so you should be able to get those over in the UK -- hopefully a reseller can get you them cheaper than Derwent because they're only $8 for 12 here & I saw Derwent's website has them listed at £16. Can't imagine why they would cost so much more over there when it's an English company.