Old 09-30-2015, 04:48 AM
slbram17

Originally Posted by LindaMRB View Post
I can't usually find the mistakes that are made even when they are mentioned in the posting, and I quilted one of my first, used it, hung it in a small show and discovered a big mistake only when I took a picture of it. I had "known" something was wrong with one of the corners when I put it together but could not actually "see" it. Boy do I wish someone had looked at it for me. Now I consider it the little difference that makes it special.

I saw a quilt top here with a pretty big mistake and wondered if I should private message the person before it gets layered and quilted.
What do you all think? If I am polite in pointing it out privately?
Soon?

Thanks for your advice.
My thoughts on this is pretty simple...if the person has asked for input, then opinion and faults can be pointed out. Otherwise, I don't think you should do either of the above.
When I post a quilt here, I have usually just completed it and excited to share. That doesn't mean that after it is posted, I don't check it. Before I gift it, I give it another close look. The person may find the mistake on their own or at the quilter's after it is posted.
Serita

Last edited by slbram17; 09-30-2015 at 04:51 AM.