View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 07:25 AM
meyert

Thank you for your responses...
Occasionally I have had to piece blocks so that they are all a uniform size. I use fabric from the back of the tshirt so it's an exact match and the piecing is not that noticeable.
This is what I did for my niece...from the back or the bottom. Put the bottom on the top to have the logo centered.

I've only done one but the gal wanted them all the same size so I picked the biggest logo, cut it out with a decent space on all edges (centered) then made a paper template, I laid the paper (see thru) over all the other shirts to mark my cutting lines
This is very close to what I did for my neice as well.. except the bigger logo filled up the area the smaller ones were way at the top so the bottom 3/4 of the block would just be tshirt - so cut the bottom and put on the top to even things out and put the logo in the middle

sewed sashing onto each block within a row to make them all the same height. This meant some had wider sashing than others because some Tshirt fronts were small. After I sewed each row whatever height the tallest shirt was in that row I laid them out again.
So if one logo was 10" and the other was 4" the smaller just had more sashing?

The quilting also helps to detract from the piecing.
I agree.. this lady doesn't want any batting so I was not going to do as much quilting.

If you figure out a way and are happy making them it can be a money making venture.
I am starting to see that. I have one in process that a lady is going to pay me for and another lady just sent me a message about making 2 for her for christmas presents. But I want them to like what they get.. hence my questions