View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 10:19 AM
Prism99
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DivaDee View Post
Do you have to cut the WOF into strips first? How wide do you have to cut them? How many layers of quilting cotton can go thru it at a time?
When I first started out with the Go!, I thought I had to pre-cut all the fabric. This was time-consuming. I haven't tried strips lately, but eventually I realized that it is not necessary to pre-cut the fabric because any excess can hang over the side of the die and just roll harmlessly through to the other side. You would not want to cut WOF anyway (which may be what I did, and may be the reason I got the creases in my strips). Fabric stretches a little as it goes under the roller, so you really want to place fabric on the strip dies so that the strips will be cut LOF. Hopefully someone else will post about this, as I really do not want to drag my Go! out of the closet to test my theories.

The strip dies cut off only the bottom of the fabric. When placing fabric on the die, you place the fold at the top of the die. If you think about it, the reason for this is obvious; you get a strip twice as long if there is a fold at one end.

I'm sure this explanation is clear as mud. Perhaps there is a Youtube video that demonstrates cutting strips without pre-cutting fabric. Will have to go look......