View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 10:21 AM
Stitching4Fun

I have a newer Necchi, but I find that I really like to use my Singer Featherweight 221. I had two of them and gave my daughter one. I have a Necchi that is about 50 yrs old and still works great. I also have an older singer, a Montgomery Wards Signature was my first one, and I stil have that and that was about 35 yrs ago that I got that one. My mother had a Brother and that was a good machine. I also have had a Dressmaker.

If I am quilting on my home machine I like to use the Necchi. But stitching I love the featherweight. It sews such nice nonpuckering stithes that some of the machine do at times. My other quilting I use my longarm which is from Nolting.

I do upholstery work so I also have those machines. One is industrial for clothing and it sews really well also. The other are Consews and for heavier sewing. All together I have over a dozen sewing machines and each and every one of them gets use.

And the thing is.......even if I don't need another one. I still look at them. With all the new bells and whistles on them nowadays, I wish I had the newer ones, but I have restraints on to keep me from getting one.

grrrrrrrrrrr.
Barb