Thread: Pet Insurance
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 07:12 AM
willferg

Originally Posted by bearisgray View Post
I remember - way back when - that the cats and dogs did not get any special care. When they got old and sick, it seemed like the animals would just go off somewhere and die a natural death.
Same here. I love my pets to pieces and don't want them to suffer, but I can't see spending thousands of dollars to extend one life when so many -- animal and human -- are suffering and going without.

I had to have my beloved dog put down earlier this year, and it was quite the learning experience. In our area, you are no longer allowed to bury your pet on your own property, so in addition to a hefty vet bill for putting her down (on top of vet bills for trying to treat her), I had to pay more to have her cremated and then more for her ashes to be spread on a designated country property -- or pay even more to have her put in an urn, which I declined. She was suffering, so letting her go naturally wasn't an option, but I do feel like the vet industry is making a whole lot of money off people these days. I don't mean any offense to any vets or people who work for them, I'm just reflecting on how things have changed...