View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 03:55 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Janey & John,

I tried to lighten up the pic but Paint just won't work like the old program I had. So my SEWMOR has the tear drop inspection plate on the rear, what does the machine you took the pic of have?
I was just curious cos the tear drop one looks to be quite a bit bigger than the round one.

Joe
My apologies... I was in a hurry to get it posted before I went to work. I tried to lighten it up and tried a couple of different programs and wasn't having much luck. I dug the machine out again this morning, but didn't take a picture of the full back before I put it away again. Actually it looks like it is the same light that is on the 66 that Irishrose2 posted above. It is put on the machine differently (instead of coming off the side like the 128 - it looks like the 66 was attached to the same screw as the top of the inspection plate. I compared the 128 inspection plate to a 27 and the diameter is about 1/8" smaller total, then compared to a 28 and the round portion fits the round portion exactly. The apparent size difference is that the 'kidney' shaped one is longer. This is one picture that I took this morning.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]532372[/ATTACH]

I took a picture of the 99-13 light which appears to be the one like they show in the 27-28 instruction manual pdf that you can get from singerco.com

[ATTACH=CONFIG]532371[/ATTACH]

Also I looked again at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singer_Model_27_and_127 and near the bottom of the page maybe about 3/4 of the way down they have a picture of a lamp that is different than these two and says it is a "mercury clone" light.

Hope this helps a little. ;-)

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Attached Thumbnails 99-13_p1130056.jpg   28-23_p1130049.jpg