Old 10-03-2015, 07:02 PM
Cybrarian

Originally Posted by Kaye View Post
I don't know this area very well but am lucky that my job is taking me in your direction. I was just in the Clearwater area at Safety Harbor and visited two shops. I loved Happy Apple Quilts. They were so personable. The next shop I visited, something with "bears" in the name, was having an end of the bolt sale so I found a slim bolt to buy from! I will be in St Petersburg in April. Any suggestions for shops to visit?
Kaye- Country Quilts & Bears is a great shop and so is Happy Apple both have good selection, great customer service and wonderful classes- you will need to visit the new Keep Me in Stitches in Largo on Ulmerton when you come to St Pete. Their 2 shops in Tampa are known for their great customer care and classes, and I'm sure the new shop will be the same besides fabric etc they are Babylock and Bernina dealers. Sue's Bay Area Sewing is known for tremendous thread selection and notions-they don't have fabric, they are a machine dealership too. Rainbow's End has the largest selection of fabrics of any place I've seen in Florida-definitely worth a trip to Dunedin.