View Single Post
Old 10-04-2015, 11:56 AM
WIChix

Hi Bearis - yes, I checked the manual and this model does take the universal 130/705H, from 90/14 is the recommended.

Thayer, I replaced the needles and now the straight stitches are working, as well as the left looper. The right looper still is not catching. When the R looper passes in front of the needles, the L looper is already starting its retreat. And the right looper thread still pulls out of the eye.

? - does the R looper pass between the thread and the needles, or just in front of the thread and needles? My R looper is passing in front of both thread and needles.

Checking the manual, I last had it serviced in....2006! ($95) OSMG was in his 80s then. Closest OSMGs are an hour east, an hour west, or 2.5 hours south. It would be nice if I could get a "same day" appointment, though not likely.

When this unit runs, it runs good. I can switch fabric thickness, keep nearly the same tensions, and it produces a stellar stitch. It really is idiot proof. I am sure that seam on the onesie (and you know how thin those are) threw it, and me, off. I keep thinking, I ought to be able to figure this out...

Thanks for your help! Advice still appreciated.

Last edited by WIChix; 10-04-2015 at 12:01 PM.