View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 09:05 AM
SherylM

Originally Posted by Sally J View Post
Get it from Superior Thread. I buy the large cones and that way it is much less expensive. I also bought a large cone holder from Superior. It is light and folds up making it easy to take to class. I love this thread....no lint in the bobbin area, strong, fine and comes in lots and lots of colors. Because I buy the large cones I use light grey, white or black for my piecing. So much better than cotton
What she said.

Actually, I've bought it both directly from Superior Thread and from Amazon, and I just ordered one of those cone holders from Nancy's Notions and I should have it in about a week. I've been putting the cones in a coffee cup when I sew, but depending on which machine I'm using the thread can get hung up on the motor.

I sometimes buy the smaller spools if I want a specific color for something, but I buy the cones in pearl, putty, silver and charcoal for piecing. I invested in the So Fine color charts when I couldn't decide which color I needed from the picture on my monitor; I'm glad I bought them, they are actual thread samples, so they're very helpful.

rvsfan, Superior has "Try Me" specials, where you can buy a spool or small cone for a deeply discounted price, so you can see if you like it first.

Last edited by SherylM; 10-05-2015 at 09:15 AM.