Old 10-06-2015, 07:12 AM
Birdscraps

Good morning from San Diego! Everything is crisp and clean after a nice rain we had yesterday. Wish fall was here to stay but weather lady says HOT later in the week. Ugh! I am currently binding a quilt for my daughter for Christmas and it was no nice to have it on my lap last night while watching TV.
Answers to our latest round of questions:

Do you applique?
Yes, for years I had a business machine appliquing sweat shirts and t-shirts with various holiday themes. Have only made 1-2 wallhangings by hand. I have a Halloween wallhanging that the applique is done but I just can't seem to get the time to finish. Hope to get it done and have it on display this year.

Do you use turn edge, or fusible applique?
Have used both methods. Prefer fusible for machine quilting and turn edge for hand.

If fusible what kind do you like/use?Currently I'm using Alene's Hot Stitch. Back when I had my business I would buy this by the bolt. I have about 1/2 of a 50yard bolt still left.

What kind of scissors to you use for cutting out the shapes? Small pair of Gingher scissors I have had for 35+ years. I only snip thread and cut small applique pieces with them so they have managed to stay sharp.

Have you ever used (or own) a pair of the Fiskar micro tip spring action scissors? No

I also love to cook. My husband and I belong to a monthly dinner club with friends and everyone takes turns hosting and making individual dishes.
Right now I am big time into football. I play in a fantasy football league with my family and a few close friends. We are big time Packer fans as my husband is from Wisconsin plus we in San Diego may not have a team after this year.

I love to make cards. I also belong to an Art group and these ladies push me to do forms of art I might not try on my own such as mixed media, clay and metal work.

Pyffer3 - let's have a little Michael Buble for some Christmas music. See you in the hole!