View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 07:34 PM
slbram17

Originally Posted by willferg View Post
I googled How to use twitter and found some good tutorials. My take is that you set up an account, send out short messages to people who know you/follow you, and read messages from people you know and follow.

If you use a hashtag, i.e., #quiltingboard, then people who want to hear about the quiltingboard can search for messages with that hashtag and read them all. It's like giving a tag or a title to your tweet so other people who might be interested can find it.

Some people follow celebrities or organizations. A tweet can contain a link to something else, so if you want to spread the word about an article or picture, you can tweet the link and everyone who follows you can check it out and, if they choose, can retweet it and pass it along to others.

I hope that makes sense. I don't use it because I waste enough time online as it is!
One use of Twitter I have noticed is fandom. In other words, if you are a big fan of a particular tv show, you can search on hashtag (your tv show name) and join in on live tweets when the show is on.

Also, you can get tweets from your local news, alerting you to breaking news/weather items.