Thread: My new machine
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 01:59 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by pyffer3 View Post
...but the foot controller wires have some open areas and the whole thing has to be replaced. He says he will have to replace it with an 'after market' model and it might not fit back in the slot on the inside of the cabinet for me to use the knee bar. I guess I can live with that as I have never used a knee bar before!
Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
The controller can be re wired, it's easy to do. You should give the knee controller a try, the first time I used one I knew I was going to love it. I now have one cabinet set up for my Singers and one set up for my Japanese machines. No more chasing the controller around on the floor.

Cari
When I first read that the controller needing to be replaced, I was thinking the same as Cari about rewiring. If it were me, I would ask for the controller back when picking up the machine. Maybe someone else could rewire it so that it could be mounted as it was intended - in the cabinet. I know the T&S's have molded plugs into the machine, but it could possibly be done so that the join would be hidden in the cabinet so that you could at least try the knee controller.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.