View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 03:27 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by butterflywing
i'm still trying to catch up. is it supposed to be all the darks in the lower left and all the lights in the upper right?
Yes, it gives it almost an optical illusion effect. I think what took the very longest was picking out corresponding dark to light and light to dark colors. I cut out 432 light squares and 432 dark squares and 432 background squares (white on ecru).I still have a lot to do before I am ready to throw them in the bag and shake the bag, but I am getting there. Got a lot done watching the game, too! (Surprise of surprises - I never thought I would get as much done as I did, jumping around, hollering and cheering. My husband cannot watch a Viking game (makes him nervous), so he watched a movie in the bedroom - he told me to shut the door so he wouldn't hear me holler. Bess, the friendly hound, tried to take a nap on the couch and everytime I jumped or hollered, she jumped and barked - not conducive to a nice quiet Sunday afternoon). Hey, we won! And we won ROYAL! Now, I just hope this all carries over to next Sunday!

Anyhow, I have run into one little bit of a problem. Our local JoAnn's is closing down and moving to the 'burbs. (Our JoAnn's is the last urban JoAnn's store). Have about ten more miles to travel to get there, starting March 1. Anyhow, I went to get some rotary blades - all gone - went to get some 108" backing fabric - all gone - and then I totally forgot the background fabric (white on ecru). You can't find a darn thing around there anymore. I did get two new cutting mats. One is 12x18, the other is 6x8 ( I like that one). Everything is on sale there like you wouldn't believe. But they had the fabrics all mixed together by price and I just didn't have the time to go through everything. The new store will open March 1. Whoopee! I am not looking forward to this at all. The checkout girls said that it was the last urban store - I don't know if they meant in Minnesota or the US. She said every store is a big store now and they are all in the suburbs.

We do have a small fabric store - Treadle Yard Goods - but you have to mortgage your house before you can buy any fabric there. So, I'll have to go to West St. Paul and hit Hancock's or Roseville and hit HAncocks. Both suburbs, but at least it is closer.

So, I will keep you all posted on the grocery bag quilt. Edie