View Single Post
Old 10-07-2015, 02:34 PM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post

I tried an apple core many years ago and stopped when it reached the size of a place mat. I was machine piecing and the assembly had so much stop and start and pin and turn and this way then that way, I gave up on it.

I really like this pattern and don't see it made much these days. I am happy you are doing it.

peace
I am machine piecing and this is my first apple quilt. I thought it would be perfect for a wallhanging as it is a smaller project yet I will get enough practice. Like you said it is a lot of pinning and matching. It is slow go for me too. Lets just say I am not signing up for a twin or bigger. LOL Let me see if I can find the link I watched.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2sc3pmdtg

Without seeing this I might have tried English paper piecing but I really wanted to try and machine piece. In the future I could see doing a small quilt for a special baby girl but I think it would be too much for me to do much larger. I still have to quilt it and have not decided on a pattern yet. After that is the binding and I think it is more intimidating to me then the machine piecing. I hope to keep all the curves and points and fortunately found a tutorial online that uses premade bought binding. But step by step. I never even thought I would make an apple core quilt because of all the curves.
Attached Thumbnails 441-custom-.jpg   446-custom-.jpg  

Last edited by Annaquilts; 10-07-2015 at 02:42 PM.