View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 09:35 AM
quiltingcandy

My friend has the Brother PE770, she loves it. She bought it on-line, so it did not come with any lessons. She also bought the additional hoops that fit. She has a hard time getting any help from the local dealer. There are a lot of lessons on-line for free. I have the Husqvarna Topaz 20 - I bought the floor model so got a great deal, and it came with lessons.
The biggest thing to me is the computer program that helps you put the designs together is what is very important. My dealer did not tell me about the programs (probably because he doesn't sell them). Depending on what you want to do with your machine, will determine the program you want to buy. My machine came with a very basis program, then I did some exploration and found out there were more out there. I bought my program at the Road to CA quilt show, the dealer didn't spend much time with me to explain the difference between the programs, so some of what I wanted was in the next program up. But I am happy with what I have, just wish I had more.

Just take your time, don't be too hasty, because once you get into it, you will want to do more. We have a Brother dealer in town, they don't sell the additional software because they know it scares people off, but can teach people the ins and outs of the basic machine too. I really recommend talking to a dealer.