View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 02:52 PM
DonnaFreak

Default 2,400 Mile Trip!

Howdy y'all

About 4 weeks ago I took off in my new (to me) van and drove to San Diego, CA from central KY. Why you ask? To pick up a vintage sewing machine of course! When I flew out there in April to visit my BFF, I used her sewing machine to make some covers and cushions for her wheelchair. She told me when I was there that her eyesight was getting so bad that she couldn't see to sew anymore. Her machine had belonged to her mother, and she wanted someone to have it who she knew would use it and appreciate it. So when I got a van with 3rd row seating that I could fold the seats down to hold a lot, I took off with my nephew to go get it! I've spent the last 2 weeks since I've been back trying to get things rearranged so I could actually fit the machine into my bedroom/sewing room, and looking for a dresser to use for more storage. I FINALLY found a dresser yesterday at the local Peddlers Mall, so my son helped me move it into the house last night. So please ignore the stuff you see piled up around my "new" machine, since I haven't had time to get everything put into the dresser yet. I'm HORRIBLE at organizing, so it's gonna take a while. LOL! Oh...she also gave me the little 3 drawer chest sitting under the right leaf of the sewing machine, that her father made for her mom so she could have extra storage space. All of the sewing machine drawers AND the chest were full of sewing items! The machine is a Kenmore 1651, and it has 30 cams with it, so many feet that I don't even know what they do, a monogramming kit, and all sorts of doo-dads that I have no idea what they're for! So how did I do? The trip was well worth it (my nephew and I had a GREAT time!) whether the machine is a super great one or not. And hey.....free and all that.....

Donna
Attached Thumbnails kenmore-1651a.jpg   kenmore-1651b.jpg