Old 10-08-2015, 08:13 PM
Quincunx

I never would have thought of looking for clones that early in sewing machine history. I have learned how much they copied each other but I had the idea that settled down by the 1880s. I guess that was only true for the US in the 1880s...

The White 77 gnomezilla is kind of taunting me right now. There is a good serviced one for sale from one of us but mostly across the country. And I am anxious about shipping because one also finally turned up on Craigslist here but with a big chunk snapped off of the corner of the bed. Metal that snapped.

But I was lucky too. I fell in love with the idea of chainstitch and decided I just had to have a Kenmore that could chainstitch for my powerful zigzag machine. All of Sacramento is north of me so I would find it there right? No, it came from the east where barely anyone else lives. And the Kenmore before that came from the south. Maybe the gnomezilla is waiting in the west in that very thin strip where no one lives, before it turns into the Bay Area and you cannot stretch out both arms without touching a bad parking job?