Thread: Cancer hats
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 11:00 AM
RosaSharon

Originally Posted by Reba'squilts View Post
I went to my friends chemo treatment yesterday and gifted her the quilt that I made to keep her warm during her ordeal. I found that she may need 8 more treatments. I think she is strong and dedicated to getting better. Her hair is thinning. She will probably lose it before her treatments are over. I would like to make her some hats. I have tried to find free patterns but am not having much luck. Does anyone know of some cute easy patterns that I can download. She loved her quilt!!! We both shed a few tears. I am sure she would like a couple of cute hats, she is young (50) and pretty,. Would love to make something to cheer her when the hair goes. Thanks, Carol aka Reba
My daughter in law absolutely loved the ones I made with 100% cotton. It is breathable. No polyester or such fabric that makes the head sweat. I wish I could post the pattern here for you. I think I bought it from Nancy's Notions. It is padded in the front. Mainly I wanted to let you know to use the 100% cotton. Also, soft. When they lose their hair their head is very sensitive, and some say even a little painful like pin pricks.