Old 10-09-2015, 12:33 PM
Patchesnposies

Thank you, Karen. He has just gone in within the last hour. Here is an update I sent out to friends and family:

I just spoke to Mike right before they wheeled him downstairs to the OR. They took out his breathing tube yesterday afternoon so he could eat supper and talk to his family. I was so glad for him, he hates being intubated plus his nose was packed due to the cauterization.

He told me his only fear is that he will wake up and the surgery will have been postponed......again. Otherwise, he is ready to get this operation done and over with.

The hematologist spent the morning giving him healthy platelets to prepare him for the surgery. It took several hours. It seems the malfunctioning valve was churning up his own platelets and affecting their ability to clot. They aren't taking any chances this time.

When the hospital chaplain came in to pray with them, Michael prayed that he would have his surgery and get well soon so he could go home and see his brothers and sisters.............and help them with their chores. (sob!) Boy, did that make me cry!

I will send out an update once he is out of surgery and in the recovery room. I am not sure how long it will take, we were told 6 to 8 hours this time.

Please keep praying. I thank each of you from the bottom of my heart.