View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 06:22 AM
Scissor Queen

Originally Posted by gramqlts
Our quilt guild holds a retreat twice a year at local church camp that has a big lodge with rooms on each end of it and also cabins within walking distance. Huge room with tables for sewing and large kitchen for cooking and preparing meals. We go for 3 days in spring and again in fall. We all chip in and help with meals. There is usually 30-40 of us that go each time and we only have to help prepare and bring food for one meal in that 3 day period. It is very modern place and only costs us about $45 for the whole 3 days. Ours is owned and operated by the Methodist Ministry. Check some local church camps out and you can probably find a place cheaper. As I go already instate 3 times a year can't get off work for much else except family trips. But sounds like fun.
I don't go to retreats to cook and wash dishes. Most of the church camps I have found don't hold that many.

The church camp I did find will sleep 175 and they'll feed you twice a day. Plus they have a massive room that can be used for a sewing room.

Maybe you can put together a retreat for members of this group in your area.