Old 10-10-2015, 04:24 AM
Stitchnripper
Power Poster

I am getting my wish but it comes at a high cost. My grandpa had a Singer treadle - there was some talk that he worked at the Newark triangle shirtwaist factory at some point. He would have been about 13 or 14 around the time of the fire. There was a fire in the Newark factory from what I read. People didn't talk much about things back then. He was supposed to have been a "tailor" using that treadle. By the time we came along it was after he had been in WWI and no signs of him ever sewing. My Aunt took over the machine. She made us Halloween costumes, slip covers and some clothing on it. I played on it as a kid. It started my interest in sewing. My aunt and I talked about it and she said it was mine when she passed. She passed yesterday at 89. Her son who I am close to told me when he called to tell me that the machine is mine. But I have to arrange to get it shipped from NJ to our house in Georgia once we move there. So wishes come true but sometimes with an emotional cost. I will give it a good home and use it and try to figure out where it will go when I pass. Not to a dump I hope!!