Old 10-10-2015, 09:41 AM
JoannaD

Originally Posted by tessagin View Post
Sew nice to have handed down from your dad of all people. Most often from the mother. Looks great hope you're able to find what you need to get it up and running. Glad you have a climate controlled basement. Quite essential for any home.
yes, mom is not domestic. If you ask her, she will tell you that a sewing machine will bind up the minute she walks in the room. She attempted to learn to sew as a newlywed. My grandmother apparently ridiculed her for it and she gave up. Oddly enough, I have an electrified Singer 66 Red Eye that I got from that same grandmothers estate. I assume it was my great grandmothers. It has seen a LOT of use but not from my grandmother. Anyway, thus the reason I learned to sew on my neighbors machine by following the directions on the vogue patterns, working my way up from "very easy". I am grateful to have any vintage machine with a memory attached and I look forward to teaching my two girls (and my boy) to sew on something currently lurking in my basement! Or something new