Old 10-11-2015, 03:35 PM
Peckish

Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria View Post
For the corners of the quilt I found that I need to cut two 3 inch square in half diagonally. For each of the rows, I need to use 1/4 of a triangle from a 5 1/2 inch square. Do these measurements sound right??
Why don't you cut a test square? Get a scrap, cut it to 5 1/2", then cut it diagonally into quarters. BASTE it (with a large stitch, so it's easy to un-sew) on the end of a row and see how it fits. If you think it's rather tight or small, you can go up half an inch or so.

Originally Posted by AngelinaMaria View Post
Finally, my biggest question is if you recommend cutting the setting triangles the exact size (so the measurements I listed above) or do you like over-sizing them? If you use over-sized, how difficult is it to cut down to size afterwards (do you do that before quilting or after quilting??)
I don't see a problem if you over-size them, as long as it doesn't throw off the assembly of your rows. And I would trim them after assembly, before quilting. A quilt that's been squared is much easier for a longarmer to load on a frame.