Old 10-12-2015, 12:15 PM
TPr9258

Would love your recipe for the pumpkin custard, I freeze my pumpkin, never buy the can stuff, although may get couple of cans since crop here was terrible with just about everything, agree with you on that, lost more tomato planets then I got tomatoes off the vine

Originally Posted by Feather3 View Post
News reports in central PA showed almost all the crops suffered due weather issues. What we have seen local is much smaller pumpkins than normal. The corn crops were mostly harvested early this year as well & sweet corn was not near as good. Tomatoes did not fair well either. We did not have very many warm summer nights that help many crops grow. Some farmers could not get fields planted on time due to being too wet & ended up being a month behind. As our weather seems to be changing, & not for the better, crops are suffering. Wal-Mart only had 1 can of pumpkin on it's shelves. I did find some at another store. I make pumpkin muffins & pumpkin custard thru out the year. Leaves have fallen off the trees without changing color. First is was too wet, then too dry. We haven't had a frost yet. I also stock up & keep a good 6 months or more of canned goods on my shelves. I also have 2 freezers full of meat/frozen fruits/veggies & berries. We put everything in brown paper bags, which keeps stuff from getting freezer burnt. I try to buy in bulk to save on costs.