View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 09:03 AM
Tally Fifth

It still runs. Not the original motor. In the 1980's my husband replaced that with an old clothes dryer motor. Man, that could do thick seams! I ran over my finger with it once! So then he replaced that motor with an ordinary sewing machine motor, I don't know what brand. The foot pedal is original though it still sports a couple of my husband's repairs to it. He had to wire onto it a little piece of sawed-off toothbrush handle with a hole drilled through it for some reason. I think it was something to do with its hinge. The top of the carrying case was lost to mildew. The machine has lain fallow for at least a decade but now we are trying to assemble a replacement beehive tension coil to get it running. We think he's figured it out, but I just want to know for sure, how many little red felt washers belong in the thread tension stack, if any? I thought those were for underneath the spool rods. Also we never used the plastic disks, are they for embroidery or for quilting and what are they called?