Old 10-14-2015, 08:19 AM
sunrise450

Terri, thanks for the fabric offer, sent you a PM. You gals are cracking me up. I read what is written here along with my breakfast and enjoy it so much.
Now, I gotta tell you all about my yesterday. My husband was helping me change some things around in my sewing room. He had just bought me a much needed large cutting mat and a new ott light. Both great buys. I had to clear off the old mat in order to put the new one on. I just put the things that were on the old mat on the ironing board. I cleared off the ironing board and went to work on the block I was working on. Got the block almost finished and dh call from upstairs that the game was coming on and I had better hurry. For some reason he made me flustered and without looking I put a piece of the block on the board and started pressing. I looked down and screamed! There was something brown on the iron board, my iron and now the block! I just turned everything off and left it.
I tried watching the game, (we lost) and crocheted on an afghan I am making for my daughter. Looked at that (the afghan) real close after a while and saw I made a mistake 5 rows back! Just left that too.
Today I faced what I thought was going to be a horrible day.....washed iron board cover, iron and block. Everything turned out perfect.
Still have to take out the last 5 rows of the afghan but doesn't seem to be the problem it was last night.
The moral of this story? Nothing is ever as bad as they seem. I never found out what was on the ironing board but since it all cleaned up I am not really concerned. Still I think that I will have to pay more attention after this!
Sorry I got so long winded and board you all to tears.