View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 10:49 AM
jackiequilts4fun

Default Beautiful Fall Quilt

Has anyone made this Ruth Powers quilt .... Third Weekend in October?
http://www.ruthpowersartquilts.com/s...tail.php?ID=47

I saw this @ my local quilt guild last week & while I don't think the photo does this quilt justice, I'm here to tell you that the finished quilt top is STUNNING. One of the most stunning that I've yet to see.

I'd like to make it for my daughter & her fiancé who are marrying the third weekend in October, 2016.
I just think that it is meant to be.

Now, I'm not all that experienced of a quilter, but I am confident that I can do this.
I just do not like to piece very large quilt tops. I prefer a twin ... and I like doing table runners & wall hangings. But, because this is STUNNING, I'll make myself do it.

The designer offers this in a wall hanging but it looks to me like the fabric blocks are larger than the bed quilt .... & I don't find that to be as attractive.

I thought I could use the bed quilt pattern & reduce the block size down (by starting with smaller squares that are cut out) but the lady who made hers (that I saw), said that would be too complicated since some of this is using paper piecing.

Thought I'd ask if anyone here would like to make this with me?
It really is stunning!
If you have made it, I'd love to hear from you.
And I'd love to see a picture.
I have a feeling that this is going to be complicated as far as arranging the colors, but I've already begun collecting fabrics that I can use.
So fun!