Thread: "Sister" quilts
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 12:20 PM
ShannanMN

Default "Sister" quilts

I made these for my nieces who are 16 and 18 and though they are actually cousins, they are more like sisters! I'm a fairly new quilter but when the girls saw one of my quilts they begged me to make them one. I have dozens and dozens of quilt ideas in my Pinterest folder so I told them to take a look and let me know if any color schemes or patterns caught their eye. Wouldn't you know they picked the same pattern (found on etsy at https://www.etsy.com/shop/curlytopquilts). I just made mine much bigger. Megan wanted turquoise flowers, Jenna wanted pink so I decided to make them the same quilt, just reversing the flower colors (different backs obviously). Even the B&W pattern layout and flower placement is the same. They will get them for Christmas. Only thing I have left to do is attach the quilt labels.

The quilts are queen size (84X100) but they are shown here on my King sized bed. Quilted simply with a large meander using the same color thread I used on the machine applique (pink and turquoise).

Attached Thumbnails jenna-top-609x640-.jpg   jenna-back-540x640-.jpg   megan-top-640x557-.jpg   megan-back-554x640-.jpg