View Single Post
Old 10-15-2015, 07:08 AM
zozee

I think I've found my system that fits my personality. Here's how it goes:

1. During a project, I drop all scraps into one big (3gallon?) open rolling bin under my my table. I don't want to burden myself with decisions or more cutting then. If it's 1-2" wide and pressed and a decent length, I put it into a shoebox called Strings, for string quilts.
2. When the rolling bin is half full, I have a pressing session and decide if it's worth pressing or if I'm tired of it. If worth pressing, I then drop it into a shoebox. Clear plastic shoeboxes separate my scraps by color. (If I wait till the bin if totally full, then I'm overwhelmed and start hating the stash, the room, the mailman, the color yellow...).
3. If I decide I never want to see a certain scrap (or larger) again, I either host a game in the Offers section of this board, I sell it, or donate it to my local church-sponsored thrift store.
4. Tiny scraps go into a little ziplock bag. I use it for pillow stuffing for doll quilts.

Ask me in two months if my system is still working. Seems I'm always trying to find a new, improved system!