Old 10-15-2015, 06:37 PM
ibex94

Originally Posted by juneayerza
As a long time member of this board, I was appalled to read a recent post in the Secret Santa Swap. To launch an attack on two members of this board with one of them only being a member since August is not appropriate. I agree people are all different in their customs and the way they were raised. However, if a board member makes an inappropriate remark about anything regarding the Secret Santa swap it is Terri’s place to take care of it. For someone else to go on a rant that makes people feel that they can’t state a simple opinion that is not directed at any one person in particular is hurtful and is self-righteous.
I originally read that exchange and didn't see anyone being fussed at for expecting a thank you. I thought the writer (the one considered to be launching the attack) was saying that things are changing for the worse in the board since folks aren't bothering to thank one another for their participation. I was just naive about the intent of that post but I had forgotten about it because I thought it was a miscommunication.

I hope that they have been talking to one another via PM since then because no one but you has addressed the issue in the threads.

Just reread the exchange from the perspective of someone telling others not to change the rules. The "rules" don't say to say thank you. So yes, it was a snarky post from this rereading. Perhaps it should be deleted?

Last edited by ibex94; 10-15-2015 at 06:52 PM.