Old 10-15-2015, 08:11 PM
roseirish48

hello everyone
wasnt expecting the chat session to have started up in earnest yet so am surprised that there is so many pages to red through. i feel like the kid in class who wasnt expecting a quiz with all the questions being answered. but o make sure that the person who is so very lucky to have been given my name has ample info i shall do my best. (hope it isnt graded)
favorite color--blue especially bright shades--least favorite--yellow- only because i cant wear it as it makes me look sick
fabric: anything i get my hands on that is suitable for quilts
pets: one Min Pin named Buzz, toy poodle/chihuahua mix named Poo-Chie and my familiar(avatar) Truffles
cant stand coffee and very seldom drink tea--love chocolate of all kinds--hot chocolate with marshmallows, dark or milk chocolate, chocolate brownies, etc
homemade vs boughten gifts--either are fine if given with my tastes in mind
favorite flower would be yellow roses--favorite snacks--pretzels, candy,popcorn, what else you got?
tv or music shile sewing--usually my own voice singing snatches of songs driving my furbabies to howl but not sure if they are joining in or complaining
dont need zippers--they tend to take off and hide on me--still looking for one i bought 2 years ago to fix a pair of pants for my daughter--i keep yelling ollie ollie all in free but it refuses to leave its hiding place. i finally bought a replacement zipper and it took off and hid also.
have never used clover clips so not sure if i would even if i had them. i applique by hand doing needle turn, do cross stitch although finding it harder as my eyes get older, i tend to buy kits from thrift store and do them to give to future DIL for xmas and birthday gifts.
i collect owls --like finding them in different materials like wood or metal rather than just plaster of paris.
i subscribe to approximately 8 different quilting magazines--love of quilting, quick quilts, american patchwork, better homes and gardens,mccalls, quilt world and quilt newsletter that i can think of right off hand, plenty of quilt books also--some i havent even gotten around to reading yet. ive been quilting for over 40 years so really dont need ny quilting notions and no longer do much of any other type of sewing (family insists on keeping my mending skills up to date). rulers==i have 2 of the 6 x 24", a 12.5 square, 9.5 square and 2 o the 6.5 squares. also have one that gives sizes for setting triangles for when you sew blocks together on the diagonal and a friend just sent me one that helps in making ends meet right for bindings. i use grqph paper (1/4" squares) when i want to check out color combos or determine number of blocks i might need (i usually figure one square per 2") or to get idea of what quilt will look like if i combine various patterns. havent used flower or yo-yo makers as not come across need for them in quilts i like to make. i think that about covers the questions. now can i go play with the Chippendales-- i havent seen them in a couple years.