View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 11:30 AM
mpspeedy

I will admit that I probably spend more time than most of you with my fabric. I am disabled with a rare autoimmune disease. My husband still works. There are only the two of us at home these days. I always found time to sew even when my daughter was very little and I was also raising a step-son. Since I got involved with the Linus Project I have probably made at least 150 quilts for them. They are very basic top, back and batting, machine quilted or tied. Most of them are whole cloth novelty prints or very simple piecing. I have a woman who comes in every three weeks and cleans my house. Not to my former specifications but tasks I can no longer do. I save my limited energy for my quilting and sewing. I cook from scratch 4 nights a week and we eat out on the weekends. Since changes in temperture, like hot water, really bother my hands my husband has been doing the dishes for the last ten years. I do laundry once a week and usually get my groceries in small batches whenever I am out and about.
At this point I probably only make two or three bedsize quilts entirely from cloth to quilted a year. As for handquilting I do a lot more of that. Last sunday I made a 43"by43" pieced quilt top for a sample of a quilt challenge at one of my guilds. It is already 3/4 of the way quilted. Two more nights of TV viewing and quilting and it will be finished. I also very simply pieced and constructed a baby quilt for my nephew's second child due Feb. 4. It I machine quilted. I also enveloped another Linus quilt. I should get the macine quilting done on it by tomorrow night. My e-mail name is mpspeedy for a very good reason.