Old 10-16-2015, 07:04 AM
Robinlee

UPDATE:

Embroidery Machine - Yes I do and use quite frequently. Have done lots of different things on it. and I attend nearly every year the Anita Goodesign and Floriani workshop. Love all the threads that Floriani puts out.

and yes I make my own clothes and DGD clothes. Right at the moment I am making Cinderella for 7 year DGD. And the back of my classroom tables has GLITTER all over and on the floor that the "glitter fairy" left. Last year I made her a ELSA dress and the Glitter fairy was in my sewing room. It is easy to cleanup in my FACS class, hence the reason I finished cutting out 2 layers of 4 patterns pieces. I've been waiting for students to make comments as to the sparklers laying all over the floor, tables and me(not so much me) that was missed last night.

I started making American girls clothes last year for 2 of the 4 DGD's. So always looking for trims and large scraps for them. I also made one Elsa dress for DGD doll to match her dress. the other 2 DGD's have gotten Barbie doll clothes.

Originally Posted by Robinlee View Post
Some things about me for my Secret Santa,

I am a Family and Consumer Science teacher, whom is also a FCCLA and Freshman Advisor. A grandmother to 6 and 3 step-grandchildren. Raised on a ranch in the Black Hills of SD area. Love to read books - romance and inspirational, Have been sewing since I was 7 and started in 4H. My hobbies of course include Sewing and Quilting, Cooking and collecting Cookbooks, Use to do Decorative painting - Tole painting and I use to Square Dance.

Love chocolate and especially Dark Chocolate, Popcorn. Christmas goodies are a favorite.

Collect Thimbles and Postcards of other places, also fat quarters from different places (fabrics/textiles are regional: Alaskan designs, Southwest, Beach, African etc...)

No pets and DON'T smoke. - Grew out of the pet stage years ago. No kids at home to play and take care of them. And hard to provide if you are never home.

Do you like the Clover binding clips? - haven't used them - but would like to try them.

Do you like/use zippers? I use them for wallets/ small see-thru bags

Do you like Christmas fabrics? Love Christmas and Halloween fabrics

Do you have a Keurig brewer? No - Don't drink coffee

If YES do you have a favorite flavor/kind of coffee, tea or hot chocolate? Love hot chocolate and Chia Tea, no specific brand.

Do you like sewing/quilting notions (in general) such as seam rippers, etc... A Quilty girl could always use more.

Do you like/want magazines and/or books (sewing/quilting)? subscribe to Fons & Porter, Better Homes & Garden American Patchwork & Quilting, McCalls Quilting and Quiltmaker

Do you like/want/need quilting rulers? (shapes/sizes) - could use some smaller ones

Do you like hand lotion? a special brand/kind? I'm a hand lotion junkie...always searching for the most hydrating one - Aveno Moisture and stress reducing - also like the black & white "udder cream"

Do you like Bath & Body Works products? I like them Just don't buy them or go in the store. Not a Mall kind-of -person - I know, just not my kinda place - Quilt and fabric stores are my place. I hate grocery shopping, but that is a must.

Do you like/use graph paper (for quilt designing)? Use very little, but willing to try some of the new stuff that is out there.

Do you like the Clover Yo-Yo makers? No - don't use

How about the Clover Kanzashi Flower Makers? No - don't use

Do you like using yo-yo's (already made) in your projects? No - don't use