Old 10-16-2015, 04:28 PM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly View Post
Nice work Tammi, is that an Urban Threads design? I've had one of those mishaps too, when I got my first machine the 200. It was a baby onesie that didn't survive. You've given me an idea. I've made one sewing machine cover out of pre quilted fabric that I embroidered on, now I'm thinking a leather or vinyl one might be cool to try.

Cari
Yes, it's UT. I am SO addicted to their designs!
I still wear the T-shirt. It's my humility shirt! I really just bought a number of T's on clearance at Walmart or similar to use as canon fodder for the machine. If I messed them up, they were $5 T's and I didn't care and it was less than I can buy fabric for here.

I will warn you, even with a leather needle - the noise with leather can be a little alarming but the result is great. I also love FSL on this machine! I still want to make a cover for every machine in the studio but I think it will take a long time to dress 21 machines! I loved the design that Dave McCallum had for the featherweight covers. I wonder if he would sell the embroidery design now that he's not making the covers anymore.